Thursday, March 02, 2006

More Poopka from Zogby

Making the rounds on liberal elists:
  • Le Moyne College/Zogby Poll shows just one in five troops want to heed Bush call to stay "as long as they are needed"
  • While 58% say mission is clear, 42% say U.S. role is hazy
  • Plurality believes Iraqi insurgents are mostly homegrown
  • Almost 90% think war is retaliation for Saddam's role in 9/11, most don't blame Iraqi public for insurgent attacks
  • Majority of troops oppose use of harsh prisoner interrogation
  • Plurality of troops pleased with their armor and equipment
Yeah, but wasn't Zogby way off on the exit polls this last time? Why should I trust any of this, given pollsters can't jibe their data with who's in the oval office any more. I say pollsters should get a real job. I laugh in your faces pollsters. Hahahahahahahhahaha.

Retaliation for Saddam's role? That's not what "the trial" is about (big guys in zoo cages more like -- and where's Tariq Aziz in all this? I hope OK). Cheney says shooting this one guy with his personal gun was a "worst day" for him. Tour some more hospitals guy, they're there because of you. Have some more "bad days" on my personal tab (some black budget line item only you and a few others know about -- sorry, my leak, my bad).

Anyway, I'm glad the mission is clear, for the most part. Any soldier who doesn't get why we fight really shouldn't be in the game. Uncle Sam has every responsibility to make it absolutely clear what the mission is. Any waffling = immediate and severe demotion among the rank and file. Otherwise you get what we got in Vietnam: K-Mart clerks leading the charge, getting shot in the back by "one of the guys" (and good riddance).

Sorry, I have this mean streak.