Monday, August 03, 2026

Warm Springs Circuit

Warm Springs Circuit

The tent is passing tests but for the flaking reflective material used on the reversible (either side up-facing) over-tent, anchored by stretchy hooks pulling down to the tent’s corners (> 4), with a single ridge pole tied to the apex. At the apex, three geodesics form a triangle to support the dome. The skin is hooked to these from below.

However, the air mattress failed completely. I hadn’t tested it in awhile and was please to find both hole plugs. Just like old time, I blew into it, filling the thing with lung exhaust. But it never filled, because a seam had become unglued or was slit or whatever. Not only was this a large hole, it didn’t look at all reparable, so I stashed it in the estate’s trash.

That’s right, this was all happening within the perimeter of a privately owned patch of land with its own facilities: running water, heater, air conditioner, refrigeration, even WiFi (which I’m using now). I slept in a bed instead of outside in the tent, which is just as well, as although I’d brought blankets (not a sleeping bag), anticipating a warm night, it dropped into the low 40s on the Fahrenheit scale (32 water freezing to - 212 water boiling, in equally-sized “degree” gradations).

Getting here through Warm Springs Nation was problem free, for me and the dog, even though fires are raging throughout the region and legions of firefighters are bravely combatting the spread. Spokane, Washington has it worse in a lotta ways. The fires I’ve been seeing on local television includes that one east of us in the Ochoco Mountains. Yesterday we visited Smith Rock at watched hikers and climbers from a picnic table, eating deli-prepared sandwiches. That evening: fresh huckleberry pie from Eagle Crossing, my Warm Springs stop. Fam call with the sisters.

Given WiFi, I’ve continued barreling ahead with Project Manga (as I think of it) which includes Anime of course. We’ve got our design science revolutionaries providing a lotta raw material for didactic comics likely to be more popular in Japan than in Gotham at first.

Design Science Revolutionary

Synergetics Manga