Monday, July 08, 2024

Fast and Efficient

A lot of times people take to their blogs and / or to X, with the intent to register some complaint regarding some insult to their person. I'm not saying I'm not guilty of doing that. Negative feedback is a commodity in and of itself, like garbage, or rather its removal and recycling.

Especially in movie reviews and such, one is expected to be critical, even if "critical thinking" doesn't have to involve dissing. Seeing what might be called flaws and deficiencies need not involve excessive moralizing, such as is characteristic of righteous outrage.

However, for a change of pace, I have to say I received fast and efficient service on two fronts today, and some positive feedback is in order. I'm using my blog to log some figurative fist bumps and high fives.

Over the weekend, I complained on MyChart about a medical condition that I thought maybe shouldn't wait until my regularly scheduled  appointment in August. My own primary care doc was out of the office until the end of this month.

Likewise around July 4, when I was driving all over Seattle, my "service engine soon" light came on, just around when Maxi Taxi was due for an oil change anyway.

I had my own theories around both conditions and wasn't far off. However what I needed was help from professionals and that I got, for both conditions, and with practically zero waiting time. A doctor saw me the next business day, even though the expected wait time is more like five.

That "service engine soon" light will likely go off by itself, as the underlying condition was likely transitory. I blame my inexperience with Seattle's steep streets, and unnecessarily gunning the engine that one time.

We'll see how it goes with my medical treatment. The prognosis is quite positive, and I'll have the follow up visit with my regular doc soon enough. I expect to continue using these blogs to chronicle how things are going healthwise. I don't have any large public or fan base, but I do have my trackers and backers. I believe in transparency, to a point.

So thank you Jiffy Lube (Hawthorne and 39th) and Portland Clinic (NE 50th and Sandy).