Monday, July 15, 2024

Bucky Birthday Lecture

MathArtStream 4 ~ Kirby Urner: “Dimension" in Synergetics

I'm pleased with this pithy synopsis of key elements within my signature Silicon Forest curriculum, namely Quadrays and how these integrate well with Synergetics (Bucky's).

July 12 would have been Fuller's 129th birthday. Active Inference Institute just happened to have an open slot. 

Thanks to Daniel for introducing me to this little bevy of math-artist enthusiasts, already on the topic of visualizing a 4th dimension, and giving me the floor for an hour.

I felt like I was finally able to give the talk I'd have given at Bridges (rejected), although since then, the content has only multiplied, while becoming increasingly incisive.

True, I somewhat flubbed my last answer, miss describing what the hypertetrahedron would look like in 3D. The pentatope or pentachoron (5-cell) looks like the quadrays apparatus itself. Thanks to Tom Ace for the correction.