Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Positive Developments

render_me

The Youtubers of the moment share a lot of negativity.  Of course I'm able to sample from many time frames, so the current inflationary conflagrations in the eastern hemisphere, with repercussions around the globe, is only optionally a focus. I do believe in staying current, although I know that's relative. My grasp of UK politics has improved but I'm still not getting the India-China-Pakistan matrix that clearly, whereas obviously it's very important.

I should add that my bizmo (meaning "body" in this case) has toured in all of those nation-states. We walked across the border from India to Pakistan somewhere near Kashmir, ending up in Islamabad, then Peshawar, then Kabul... my mom is an Abdul Gaffar Khan fan, though they never met in person.  My good friend Glenn Baker had come from Islamabad to join us in the Philippines, in my senior year of high school.

Anyway, the good news is I was gifted with a hand-me-down Mac Pro, a lot like the one I already have and got used from Fubonn Shopping Center on SE 82nd.  However this next one volunteered to upgrade itself to Monterey, a big jump from Yosemite (these are names of Apple Mac computer operating systems, from the Intel chip days).  I've been having a good time beefing it up with my favorite software, including a POV-Ray, not through homebrew this time.