Thursday, March 18, 2010

Remembering Dawn Wicca

Dawn's Journey
:: dawn's pilgrimmage ::

Four of us gathered to commemorate the anniversary of Dawn Wicca's passing, on March 17, 2007.

Laurie Todd, Chris Ferguson-Cradler, Elizabeth Braithwaite and myself.

We all shared memories and perceptions, thinking of our dear life partner and friend.

I read aloud from my blog, shared pictures.

We also talked about why civilizations fail, or succeed as the case may be.

Chris, present at Tara's birth, has a new grandchild. Elizabeth's son is starting spring break, is in college. Laurie, our host and neighbor, employs Tara after school, and knew Dawn well before I did.

I took refuge in writing and walking today, did some cooking (those lentils again) and cleaning, other work. I thought much about the importance of community (sangha), of teachers. Dawn taught me a lot, more than I know.