Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

So what did I do for New Year's Eve?

I tuned in asynchronously to watch Cedric the Entertainer do his White House gig (press corps dinner, way back in April -- the same event where Laura gave her funny speech). Cedric sang Folgers In Your Cup to prove his sincerity about winning a spot on American Idol, did his "black Pope" impersonation.

I also taped the part of the Dec 12 PPS school board meeting wherein Koreducators got their charter school approved (I show up as an extra in that one).

A little before 9 PM PST, I flipped through the channels hoping to find Times Square and the New Years ball (a 3-frequency geodesic) but no station seemed to think a synchronous view would be profitable, not even as a short break between regularly scheduled fantasies. I tried the web cams but they were already overloaded.

My wife and I spent some quality time listening to fireworks as the odometer flipped. Tara spent the night at a friend's house nearby.

Earlier in the day I whipped up some new curriculum writing for my students at Winterhaven.

Housekeeping:

If you're new to this blog, be aware that: I sometimes go back and fix typos, maybe toggle the time by a few minutes to leave a trace, plus occassionally I'll even add updates (with a date); also, when I say "big plasma" I probably just mean an ordinary LCD TV (but I think "big plasma" sounds cool, so I take that liberty); sometimes I'll just add links silently.

Also, you'll find links to the two sister blogs, controlroom and mybizmo, both here at Blogspot (check the right margin).

I thought about adding chronofile as a fourth blog, but that domain name was already taken. Oh well, four would probably be too many anyway.

Time to make coffee. And hey, let's take a look at my post of one year ago.