Saturday, December 24, 2022

Synergetics: An Onboarding for Russians


"Onboarding or organizational socialization is the mechanism through which new employees acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors in order to become effective organizational members and insiders." -- Wikipedia

What I bring up in the video above, is the power that Computer World has manifested, in terms of coming up with viable subcultures that bring people together on the basis of shared artifacts, such as numpy in my case.

Where I'm likely to cross paths with Russians, Ukrainians, Lithuanians and other eastern states, is in the context of an OSCON, here in Portland, perhaps at an Nginx booth.  OK, so Nginx was bought out by a Silicon Forest company.  Not every Russian knows that.

Ergo, with these channels already open, and with a vital home grown philosophy already frequenting these channels, a basis for opening communications seems in the cards.  From my point of view, it's about content.  Do we want to debate as if we were neocons?  I don't.  I'm not interested in defending NATO or whatever.  Our family worked with Libya after all.

Given the internet is still working, giving me a working group (M4W) in Lithuania (hello Vilnius), I'm confidant we'll be making more headway in the months ahead.  We don't have to wait for a next in-person OSCON or Pycon, to get more balls rolling.  I envision a coding school co-venture, with Silicon Forest participation.