Monday, April 11, 2022

Snow Day

Asleep

I just assumed we were having school as usual and somewhat stupidly set out for Bethany Village.  Yes it had snowed overnight, but that wouldn't stop the economy in Minnesota. 

I-26 was blocked.  Detour signs pointed every which way. I finally thought to check with the administration. We had all been notified on Whatsapp: fall back to Zoom mode.  I'm new here, and didn't get the message.

We started fifteen minutes late, when I got back to my office.  I'm a caretaker for my mom in addition, plus I have other duties.  I'm keeping busy.

Our topic today was USA Computer Olympiad past problems and training challenges.  This school attracts families looking for competitive opportunities in this cerebral realm.  

I'm expanding out that section of our (dynamic, electronic) textbook on Github.

That same textbook has some sandboxes dealing with unconventional topics, some might judge, in an Algorithms and Data Science class.  I'm chalking that up to time marching on, i.e. they didn't have such as R's and Python's DataFrame objects until recently.  They're data structures for sure.

Then there's the sandbox on Synergetics, a more right brained and philosophical seeming offering, however the link between Graph Theory and polyhedrons, not to mention Group Theory, are already non-trivial. We're mainly supplying an alternative swap-in volumetric system of some interest, an American invention, still being fine tuned.

The wear and tear of wartime grief has been a constant feature of my life since birth.  The property values really aren't that high when life gets so bleak.  There's nothing like knowing life could be less stressful but for our programming.  

One shoulders responsibility and yet the inertia is so heavily in what's collective.  The wars represent continuations of themes we keep beneath the literally violent surface, when psychology is working right. War is a breakdown in decorum.

The cruelty of man to man is heart-breaking, which may lead to hearts hardening and further cruelty.

I'm not ascending a soapbox in order to be preachy here.  This isn't a fire and brimstone sermon.

I imagine jumping back on Youtube and narrating an update.  I could toot my own horn some. However for years before my multi-year spate of Youtubes, I had my journals to look to and share from.  

Maybe it's time to get back to a more linear medium?  I suppose it's not either/or.