Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Dark Side

Some of you who've heard my polemics (or technoinvective as Applewhite called it -- more out of dismay than admiration sometimes) may suspect I had something to do with that school strafing back in December, 2004. I assure you that I had nothing whatsoever to do with that.

Yes, I think our students get terrible service and I'll likely spend the rest of my life tearing into the fabric of an obsolete and incalculably damaging curriculum with gusto, like a pack of wolves devouring its prey, blood spattering everywhere, beastly screaming noises -- but that's just a videogame, just figurative language.

I'm a Quaker and I don't condone the use of outward weapons, especially not F-16s versus undefended school buildings. I mean, that's just sick.

OK, that out of the way, I'm buckling down to do more data submissions, and later on, I'm interviewing a candidate for the class of 2009 for my alma mater (more paperwork). There's a Python meetup tonight with some RSVPs already returned. On the whole, I expect this to be a fun day.

I do have my blue meanie moments however -- a mark of weakness I'm sure. But hey, this is my blog, and I have a right to come clean about my darker nature (apologies for the Pink Floyd links again -- gets tiresome I realize).