Thursday, June 22, 2017

Family Reunions


Pat Kenworthy, my late wife's cousin, has let us know about the passing away of her mother, Dawn's Aunt Betty, at the age of ninety two.

Around the same time, I learned of my brother-in-law Sam's grave illness, sparking a family reunion over here. I'll be driving over the mountain once Tara arrives. Sam is in hospice.

I've been reading Arnold Mindell (The Shaman's Body: A New Shamanism for Transforming Health, Relationships, and the Community Paperback, November 30, 1993).  He's still a Carlos Castaneda fan whereas many grew disillusioned with his undermining of the literal truth about the spirit world, through his anthropology books, about his relationship with his own sense of wisdom (Don Juan).

Thanks to Bob Bornemann of Esozone for turning me cluing me re the above lecture, worth watching if you're doing Jungian studies, a long time theme in these blogs.  Thanks to Alex as well.