Sunday, March 17, 2019

Creature Feature

I've been vlogging up a storm, note the V, where a "vlog" is a "video blog".  What you're reading here is more conventional.  Capturing all these motifs in language is subject to misfires.  Like I don't really think I qualify as a vlogger.

There's some huge critter in my ceiling.  Is that a racoon?  I'll bang with a broom...

Spring day out.  St. Patrick's Day.  For me, there's a lot of yang in this yin.  You can find it on Youtube.

I think I need a ladder (I have one) to figure out some hole, likely in the southwest corner.  I doubt there's any ingress through the chimney.  The critter is between floors, not in the attic.

Bang!  Bang!  That's the broom noise.

By "vlogging up a storm" I just mean I'm continuing to publish Youtubes at a rate of more than one per day (if we just look over the last couple days).

I've been weaving in my trademark themes, but these days adding more autobio, taking advantage of my current stash of accumulated online slides.  I feel like my grandpa Tom, who put a lot of work into their trips through Europe.

I've seen a lot of physical slides go by the wayside, along with papers and other such physical media.  I understand that the way we preserve stuff now, digitally, has many advantages.  Grandpa Tom stored his slides in a tropical climate in a shed.

I remember going to Bangladesh and helping mom and dad pull up stakes.  They'd stored family belongings, including old papers, like dad's CO application, only to find them being eaten, but whatever bugs like that kind of stuff.

When Derek or Glenn have a chance to act as a spotter, I need to find out where a creature this large is getting in.  Or is it more than one?