Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Two Left Shoes

Two Left Shoes

I was just standing at the counter at Lucky Lab, getting a pint, a kind of Andy Capp figure, when I realized, looking down, that not only were both my shoes for left feet, but they were distinctly different models, though both slip ons.

This adds to my sense of being disheveled, as my hair has gotten long again, and I haven't shaved in a day or two.  The more poetic part is all this discussion I've been having recently regarding "congruency" at the Math Forum, regarding how it holds itself aloof from "handedness".
The area under my desk is somewhat dark in a darkened office, and I had several pairs lying about.  Tara was ready for a ride to the tram, so I just grabbed two I wouldn't have to lace.  Chances were against me they'd be from the same pair.